More Than A Meal - Meal Prep 11.20.21 (1)
Time & Location
About the event
Please read the details below, BEFORE signing up for the event.
1. Meal Prep: Depending on the meal and the amount of volunteers, we will spend about 1.5 hours assembling meals. Prep usually runs from 10:00am to 11:30am THERE IS A SEPARATE SIGN UP FOR MEAL DELIVERY.
2. Meal Pass Out: Those wishing to solely help distribute meals will meet us at the prep location at 11:00am and be prepared to drive to designated locations. At this time most volunteers will be driving to the families we have sponsored for the year. All locations are in the Greater Charlotte area (includes Fort Mill) but are typically within a 10mi radius of the prep location.
Time Commitment: This is dependent on how many volunteers we have and how many meals we need to prep. We typically plan for 1.5 hours.
Safety: Masks are required to be worn by all. We will also require hair nets and gloves depending on if we are directly handling food.
Important Things to Remember:
- Wear clothing and shoes that you are comfortable moving in and getting dirty. Though not required, we do recommend wearing a Moms Making Moves shirt.
- Though all events are planned and thought through, please be prepared for some organized chaos.
- Depending on the month there may be season appropriate items to sort and organize as well.
3. Financial Contribution:Can't make it to the event or want to contribute more? Want to help out, but don't have time to participate? Financial contributions help us to make sure that we have everything we need on the day of the event. Click here to make a financial contribution.