May Pass Out - Meal TBD
Time & Location
About the Event
There are lots of ways that you can participate in Moms Fighting Hunger. You can choose to participate in one or all parts of the event.
Please read the details below, BEFORE signing up for the event.
1. Meal Prep: Depending on the meal and the amount of volunteers, we will spend about 1.5 hours assembling meals. Prep usually runs from 10a-11:30a. THERE IS A SEPARATE SIGN UP FOR MEAL PREP.
2. Meal Pass Out: Those wishing to solely help distribute meals will meet us at the prep location at 11:00am and be prepared to drive to designated locations. At this time most volunteers will be driving to the families we have sponsored for the year. All locations are in the Greater Charlotte area (includes Fort Mill) but are typically within a 10mi radius of the prep location. Volunteers are also able to deliver uptown.
Time Commitment: This is dependent on how many volunteers we had for meal prep and for delivery. If meal prep runs over, delivery could start a little later. This process does rely on a FIFO method which means as soon as one route is ready, it is immediately sent for delivery. Once meals are ready, delivery and the time commitment is up to you.
Safety: All families that you will deliver to have been contacted by Moms Making Moves (M3) and are aware you coming. But we do request you do what you feel the most comfortable with. If for some reason you feel uncomfortable, please contact your M3 Point of Contact. Not sure what to expect? Visit the What to Expect page.
Important Things to Remember:
- Wear clothing and shoes that you are comfortable moving in and getting dirty. Though not required, we do recommend wearing a Moms Making Moves shirt. This makes it easier for families to identify you.
- Though all events are planned and thought through, please be ready for some organized chaos.
- A location will be posted at least a week prior to the event. But unless noted otherwise the location will be in Fort Mill SC.
- Please have your car filled with gas and or any snacks you need PRIOR to arrival.
- Depending on the month there may be season appropriate items to pass out as well.
- If you need to enter the building or need to come in contact with a person(s), EVERONE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE MASKS.
3. Financial Contribution:Can't make it to the event or want to contribute more? Want to help out, but don't have time to participate? Financial contributions help us to make sure that we have everything we need on the day of the event. Click here to make a financial contribution.